Server Admin Functions

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo, toqer

Server Admin Functions

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:45 pm

Are there any scripts I could use on the Kaillera server to ban IPs, etc.?
Aaron

Postby The Immortal » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:19 pm

I run a FreeBSD Kaillera server, and I look at peoples IP addresses in the log.

I can then ban their IP address from ever connecting to my server again, or my website, or anything else that I may have.

It is also uncrashable from this server-crasher that seems to be going around.

I just got this thing 2 days ago, and already I feel bad for the Kaillera community.
I will help anyone who has a spare computer and wants to turn it into a FreeBSD box and run a kaillera server (and whatever else) from it.

I do not know if the linux kaillera server can be crashed, I'm sure the windows one can. Until another upcoming release, which we will all be grateful for, that is one good step in stopping the 'hackers and crashers' and other fag0tz.

That is all. Game on.
=\= The Immortal =/=
The Immortal

Postby toqer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:22 pm

I always thought a bootable CD would be neat, store the config on a floppy kind of deal. I never tried making my own *nix bootable CD, done it plenty of times with dos though.

--edit--

http://www.lnx-bbc.org/download.html I'm downloading it now, only a 50 meg iso image. Gonna play around with it, see what I can trim out and edit poop in rc.d. Would anyone actually use a bootable linux kaillerasrv?

--toq
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby Zaphal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:46 am

Kaillera is cursed, someone modified the kailleraclient.dll. Now he can crash the server when he desires it. Also enter the games while playing, join 30 times a game, etc...
Zaphal

Postby The Immortal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:31 pm

I just said my server was immune to all that poop crashing going on.

Try and crash it yourself, I don't mind.

The most people can do is spawn a bunch of fake games that eventually time themselves out and clear out. All it does is make a messy listing on my server for a moment or two.

The crashers can't hurt anybody in my room as long as they dont join a game with the troublemaker(s) in question. That's an obvious no no.

I sure would like to beat the guys ass though just for good measure.
=\= The Immortal =/=
The Immortal

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback