Mame32 .77 & .78 + source are out!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Mame32 .77 & .78 + source are out!

Postby Kurgan » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:16 pm

Get 'em from http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/

32+ is out as well, get the link from mameworld.com

Anyway, feel free to release a new mame32k version and post it on the forums if you want... (hint, hint, anyone, Bueller... Bueller...)

This new version has a ton of improvements and there are a ton of new games in the last couple of releases. Sure we lost about 10 2001-2002 games in .73, but the new ones more than make up for it, plus theoretically you could simply add the missing games back. If you're worried about Mamedev complaining, it'll be 2004 in less than 3 weeks..

The program doesn't have to be improved at all, just add in the new games... c'mon. I dare ya. ; )
Last edited by Kurgan on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby XxBurning FistsxX » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:56 pm

we need netplay on these mugs though
XxBurning FistsxX

Postby Kwaza » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:12 am

First of all, if they add kaillera to this version of mame, Nobody will download it. The only reason people will download it is if it has all kofs including 2002 and Snk Vs Capcom. i hope they have these games so we can stop seeing different versions of mame all the time.
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby sentric » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:10 am

Kwaza wrote:First of all, if they add kaillera to this version of mame, Nobody will download it. The only reason people will download it is if it has all kofs including 2002 and Snk Vs Capcom. i hope they have these games so we can stop seeing different versions of mame all the time.

it is unrealistic to think that "nobody will download it" when in fact it will not only be made for the so-called popular games. you're only speaking in general and for me personally, i would play other games on kaillera other than kof2k2 or svc. it's so common for people to jump on that bandwagon. aside from that, i look forward to the next kaillera version of mame because I am a r0m collector and regardless of what games most people tend to play.
sentric
Beat Manipulat0r

Postby Mc2 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:05 pm

Kwaza wrote:First of all, if they add kaillera to this version of mame, Nobody will download it. The only reason people will download it is if it has all kofs including 2002 and Snk Vs Capcom. i hope they have these games so we can stop seeing different versions of mame all the time.
LOL what a dork if you want these games in kaillera you can add them now any neo geo game that is realeased from here to eternity can be added to kaillera it just wont be the lattest version of mame
Mc2

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:42 am

was just wondering if you had the new games in you k version, if so could you post where to put them in.... vidrh driver machine ect ect
GizMack The Gusher

Postby isamu » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:23 am

Mc2 wrote:
LOL what a dork if you want these games in kaillera you can add them now any neo geo game that is realeased from here to eternity can be added to kaillera it just wont be the lattest version of mame

That is poop!!! I bet you $10 you can't put those games in Mame32k 0.64!!
isamu

Postby Kurgan » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:03 pm

Honestly, most of the one on one vs. fighter games (except maybe the MK series) I could care less about. I can already play those on my Dreamcast and Saturn in perfect or near perfect (and 100% speed) replicas.

Most of those cookie cutter vs. fighters I've played to death already anyway.

I use Kaillera for all the OTHER games I can play online. ; )
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby birddman » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:32 pm

isamu wrote:
Mc2 wrote:

I dunno if this has all those games but it's got metal slug 4 < a total let down BTW> and KOF up to 2002, it doesn't have SNK VS Capcom http://www.geocities.com/jarekcamac/hacked_mame.zip

it's geocities so a dl limit of 15mb's per day, and it's a 4+mb file so it may not work.. I am looking for somewhere else to put it
birddman

Postby Mc2 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:38 am

isamu wrote:
Mc2 wrote:

LOL now your making your self to look like a dumb @ss i havent checked this thread in a while so sorry for the late post ....t ell you what you get me the source code for mame32 version .67 file name mame32v67.zip and i will add any neo geo game you want to a freshly compiled version of mame 67 and im not the only one who can do this just ask Giz..... oh and i almost forgot you can pay me the 10 bucks by paypal (I doubt your good for your word)
Mc2

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:50 am

lolllolololollolololollololoololo :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
GizMack The Gusher

Postby Kurgan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:48 am

With the current source you SHOULD be able to release a perfect Mame32k .78 version.

Now with some tweaking and looking at some of the older code (mame32k code from say... version .67 which IS available, or from mame32 vanilla source version .73 at the latest) AND ADD THE MISSING (2001-2002) GAMES OF WHICH THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFULL.

If all that's stopping people is the inability to play KOF2001 and KOF2002, those can easily be enabled in the source, since they were working perfectly many many versions ago and are in earlier sources.

In fact, here are those 10 romsets (from mame32k .67, which I'm sure would be a snap to add for any coder who downloads the source) which are no longer supported in versions .74-78 (and if I'm not mistaken, also removed from the regularly distributed source, though I'm not positive about that, not being a coder and thus not checking the source to see for sure if they're not just still commented out):

2001 games:
Gunbarich
King of Fighers 2001, The
King of Fighers 2001, The (1-8 players for Kaillera)
King of Fighers 2001, The (bootleg)
King of Fighers 2001, The (Boss Edition)
Sengoku 3 / Sengoku Denshou 3
Sengoku 3 / Sengoku Denshou 3 (decrypted)
Zupapa!
Zupapa! (decrypted)

2002 game:
Snow Bros. 3 - Magical Adventure

And you can see from that list that in fact there are only FIVE (5) unique games missing. According to the Mame History file I'm using Snow Bros. 3 is thought to be a recent "hack" somebody made of the original Snow Bros. That may have had something to do with its removal, but I'm not positive about that.

Now MameDev may update their "naughty games" list and add back in some of those games since it's now 2004, or they may have removed the games due to R iaa fears. Who knows...
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby birddman » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:31 pm

Kurgan wrote:With the current source you SHOULD be able to release a perfect Mame32k .78 version.

Keyword here is should but this is real life and poop never works how it is "supposed" to.
birddman

Postby Kurgan » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:03 pm

Okay, it's 100% possible right now, the tools are available to anyone who can web surf and download.

Now the compiling is something that only people who know how to use a C/C++ compiler can do.

So those people who can do the above are simply too lazy or don't realize that the tools are available and they sit idly by hoping TFR or Christophe will do it for them.

How'se that for an honest assesment of the situation? ; )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Maniac » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:39 am

Well implementing the code is a different story since I am a programmer. I have compared the modified kaillera source code on TFR's site (which only works for 67) and compared it against the 78. The codes between the two versions are different overall, for example lots of new functions which I've noticed in different places. Programming this takes time and it's easier said than done.
Maniac

Next

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback