HKaillera V14 Desync problems

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo, toqer

Postby Lazureus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:56 am

Looking for a kaillera-supportive emulator that runs samurai shodown V special, Killer Instinct (using the CHD i have), KoF10th and SvC Chaos has been really tough, and I found one called HKaillera V14.

HKaillera is a really nice emulator, it runs the extra games that won't run in Mame32k 0.64 or 0.67 (including the ones above), but when I tried to netplay it, I found that the emulator seems to do absoultely nothing to prevent desyncs.

It seems to desync almost right away, without warning or slowdowns. Both players are playing at full speed, no lag no slowdowns, but we desync as time progresses... right from the start. About 3 minutes into, we'll be off by a few seconds on fighter game timers, then 5+ minutes we'll be on completely different playing fields and hitting the air and other junk.

Not using fullscreen, game isn't running slow, connection is good... I have no problems with desyncs in MAME32k or project64k...

however HKaillera, which runs these other games, has huge problems .. can anyone help?

PS. I tried looking EVERYWHERE for MAME32k 0.90, and it seems to be compeltely gone off the face of the internet =/ I was hoping I could find an emulator that would work right in kaillera without desyncs AND run these games... Mame32k++ 0.109u5 removes support for A+B, C+D A+B+C 3P and 3K binds so I can't use that one=/

PC Specs:
P4 2.6 GHZ
512mb RAM
128mb ATI Radeon 9600 pro
SoundMAX onboard audio
Roadrunner Cable Broadband Internet (can download at 600k/s, u/l at 55k to other good folks)
Lazureus

Postby civilian » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:49 pm

Not only HKaillera, most emulators out there does not do anything to prevent desyncs. As a result, they desync.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby Lazureus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:51 am

so is there a way to run any of those games online for any amount of time where you're both in sync?

or can you help me find the elusive 0.90 version of MAME32k that seems to have completely vanished off the face of the net in the past 2 years? It seemed to be abundant back in the past, now it's impossible to get
Lazureus

Postby civilian » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:45 pm

You tried mame32k++? There should be a link to it in this forum's announcement section.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby Lazureus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:25 pm

I tried it, but it seems they completely removed all the binds for A+B, B+C, etc. like, key binding is way different =x
Lazureus

Postby m.danielSag » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Is anyone still having problems, or does everything look okay now?

Thanks

Karen
m.danielSag

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback