Kaillera Sold? (it's true)

Come in here if you have any questions about Kaillera

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Kaillera Sold? (it's true)

Postby Moosehead » Fri May 26, 2006 9:18 am

Regarding a recent change to the Kaillera entry on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaillera

"Rights and source code of the Kaillera was sold to TC.Ads LTD, Cyprus, Currently owned by Etai Hugi and TC.Ads LTD." Dated May 21, 2006.

Can anyone comment on this? I would like to hear from the new owners if this is true.

http://www.tcads.net/index.asp

"TC.ADS is an interactive marketing company, specializing in performance based marketing solutions for the online gaming industry."
Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby civilian » Fri May 26, 2006 12:48 pm

Could just be speculations. I sent an emil to TC. Ads LTD asking if it is the case. They are not likely to respond or give out confidential information like that. If they do respond, I have my own throeies.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby Kurgan » Fri May 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Interesting...
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby gothic_hobbit » Mon May 29, 2006 2:00 pm

I don't believe it. Any fool can create or edit a wikipedia entry.
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Mon May 29, 2006 3:12 pm

True, true. ;)
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby civilian » Mon May 29, 2006 6:26 pm

well...it could be true...It would imply christtophe has finished developing kaillera and we can do whatever we want with it. I would love that ^_^...but yeh...if it sold to that ads company...its likely they will release ad supported updates or whatever just like AOL or kazza or whatever lol. I hate ads :(
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby civilian » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:11 am

Nothing :( Recieved no information from them. They didnot even bother replying. Who do they think they are...those bolody pivarte companies.

So I guess its unclear.

Either way, I am planning to add some details to the wiki page once I finish my exams later this month. For example, things like the server architecture, the client part, protocol specification etc. Not only there, other places as well. Well, I do recognize it is its the IP of Christophe. But so is Windows of Microsoft and there are tonns of unoffical "internal" info out there and Microsoft can't sue any of them. And things I say will be my understanding. So he could not possibly take any legal action against me. Oh yessss...there will be blood ^_^. There will be nothing to sell about kaillera apart from the original sourcecode. mWHAHAHAHAHAHA
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby civilian » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:20 am

ok...got a bit carried away there. No I wouldnot do such thing if it was illigal. sorry for tripple post.

The wiki page got updated again. If I'm reading it correctly, it still says "Rights and sourcecode"...what does it mean my rights? I dont know much about these copyright stuff...does that in any way imply that unoffical works like n02 and Emulinker are illigal?

and yeah...if my monitors are reading correctly...the person who modified the page this time is actually from israil. Someone who uses 012 Golden Lines network. I belive I've come across them before in irrelevent places. He might not be an average fool you speak of.
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby christophe » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:59 pm

Since there's no way I can spend anymore time working on Kaillera anymore, Kaillera has indeed been acquired by Etai Hugi, who is a developer from Israel (TC.Ads is no longer involved in the project at all).

Etai will make sure the project lives on and gets updated regularly (so you can all rejoice). For more questions, you can contact him at etaihugi@gmail.com

Kaillera lives on!
-Christophe
christophe
tiny god

Postby dandesousa » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:11 pm

christophe, I am new here, and have only been using kaillera since this new version of the client came out.

Let me just say, good job, you set the tracks, now I hope that this project can be taken further, and be worked on with the same quality you have put into it.

Cheers,

~dan
http://daroms.com - The Place for Da Roms!
dandesousa

Postby civilian » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:29 pm

Thats a good decision. I wonder why you did not make it open-source.

Anyways ...

I am looking forward to seeing his contributions :)
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby Kurgan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:34 pm

Wow, how did I miss this?

Okay Christophe, now your last email makes sense to me. I guess I was too busy and didn't know about the selling thing, thinking it was just a rumor.

I should contact the guy and send him my constructive feedback (I bet his inbox is stuffed already).

Good to know the project is in good hands for the future.

THANK YOU, Christophe for all your work over the years and putting up with our moaning and groaning. This has been a fantastic project, and despite problems, it's been well worth it!

I'll sticky this then!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby civilian » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:07 am

This die-hard fan is...still waiting!

Businessmen make really slow developers :x

Hope he does not mind all the cute unofficial projects.
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby isamu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:44 am

wowzers!!!
isamu

Postby gear323 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:10 am

So where is this guy? He has not posted on the site nor has he released a new version..

Anyone know?

Did anyone send him an email age get a reply?
View my website here:
http://www.qualitykingdom.com
gear323

Next

Return to Kaillera Questions